Apply Now - It is not too late to train with RVTS in 2022!
Applications are now open for Round 4 selection - enquire now and apply before applications close on 2nd February 2022
The Importance of RVTS
Hear from a Past Registrar
Please check your eligibility before applying.
Check Eligibilty here
Positions are available in both the Remote and AMS training streams.
Applicants are encouraged to download and read the Applicant Guide before applying. Applicant Guides for each training stream can be accessed below:
Applications are via an online application process. Full details of application requirements can be found in the relevant applicant guide above.
Ensure you have all documentation ready for upload - read the information below before applying
Applications will not be accepted without the necessary documentation.
Please note the following documentation is required to be uploaded at the time of application. Applications will not be accepted without the necessary documentation
- A letter of support from current practice, dated and signed by the Practice Principal, Senior Medical Director, CEO, Director, or Practice Manager Download a Practice Letter Template here
State the specific date and duration of employment including the end date of current contract. If contract is ongoing (and has no end date) this needs to be indicated in the letter
State whether work is full time or part time and total number of face to face, rostered, patient consultation hours and which days are worked each week
State the nature of work including all duties performed
- A passport-sized photo
- Evidence of Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent or temporary residency (e.g. certified copy of birth certificate if Australian or New Zealand born, or citizenship certificate or passport) If applicable, evidence of the date when the applicant became or applied for permanent residency (e.g. letter from Department of Immigration and Citizenship, or photocopy of Australian permanent residency status in passport). Please ensure that the date of permanent residency or application can be seen clearly
- Evidence of name change if applicant’s name appears differently in supporting documents (e.g. marriage certificate or deed poll)
Additional documents if applicable
- Sworn Statutory Declaration of intention to resign from AGPT or ACRRM Independent pathway or RACGP Practice Experience pathway if selected into the RVTS program
- If working in a solo doctor town, a statement from the relevant Rural Workforce Agency or Primary Health Network verifying that it is a solo doctor town
- Evidence of pass in AMC Part 1 exam or certified copy of Advanced Standing Certificate Evidence of the date of first medical registration in an Australian state or territory (eg certificate or letter from AHPRA) (including New Zealand trained doctors)
- Evidence of Level 3 or 4 Supervision
- Evidence of Aboriginality
Thanks for your interest in the RVTS program, please enter details of your enquiry.
The Form is Submitting
Please do not click your browser's refresh button or navigate away from the form until it has finished submitting.