RVTS is a national training program for doctors seeking General Practice Fellowship.
We deliver distance training and remote supervision to doctors in rural and remote Australia and Aboriginal Medical Services.
Doctors undertake the three or four year program while they continue to provide medical services to their community.
Learn more about Training with RVTS
RVTS improves Australian health by training and retaining medical practitioners working in Rural, Remote and First Nation communities.
The three to four-year program delivers structured distance education and supervision to doctors while they continue to provide general medical services to a remote and/or isolated community.
- To facilitate access to vocational training by all doctors across Australia
- To contribute to the recruitment and retention of rural and remote doctors
- To improve the quality of services available to remote communities by enabling access to vocational training and ensuring continuity of medical services
Benefits of Training with RVTS
- Combination of remote and face-to-face training
- Personalised supervision and comprehensive support
- RVTS high fellowship achievement rate
- Fully funded by the Australian Government and no application fee
- Registrars are eligible for the A1 Medicare schedule
- Registrars stay in their community for the duration of their training
Train for FACRRM or FRACGP
Looking to achieve fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and/or the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM)? Find out how the Commonwealth funded Remote Vocational Training Scheme (RVTS) can support you.
Eligibility and FAQs Learn more
Support doctors to gain fellowship
We are always interested to hear from experienced GPs from all over Australia who would like to inspire and support the next generation of GPs in rural locations, and also in Aboriginal Controlled Community Health Organisations. Find out how you can get involved.
Find out more about roles with RVTS Get involved
Renowned for quality training, world-class support, and a relaxed atmosphere, the nationwide program supports registrars right across Australia.
Australian Communities served by RVTS registrars
Federal Regional Health Minister, Mark Coulton announced the Federal Government’s expansion of the RVTS targeted recruitment pilot to more locations is providing better...
Wednesday 24 February 2021
The latest RVTS4GPs blog features RVTS CEO Dr Pat Giddings and RVTS Supervisor Dr Sara Fergusson, as they reflect on how RVTS came into being - as the solution to a...
Resources and Online Tools
Find Out More